Web hosting on the Linux platform is often the cheapest option for individuals and small businesses because a majority of Linux distributions and the applications that run on them are open source, therefore guaranteeing that you will never have to pay to use them. Host.co.in offers a competitive range of Linux shared web hosting services that have been developed around cPanel to offer a range of features that represent good value for money; furthermore, you will have full control of your own web hosting account as cPanel is one of the most popular web hosting control panels available for Linux servers.
Open source applications provide greater room for expansion because developers are able to access the source code so that they can identify where performance improvements can be made as well as where hooks are available for them to develop their own plugins and modules to use. Although you may translate this to meaning that it is easier for hackers to discover holes in open source applications, updates and bug releases will be released on a regular basis as they are with commercial applications so that server administrators can be assured that there will never be any holes or hackers to exploit if they keep their servers updated on a regular basis.
At Host.co.in we recommend our affordable Linux shared web hosting plans to beginners because the enclosed environment offers a safe environment that new users can use to become accustomed to their web hosting environment. Host.co.in offers full support with all of our Linux shared web hosting plans so that we are able to meet our high uptime guarantee by monitoring our servers and network around the clock; furthermore, you can call on our 24×7 support team for assistance when you need it.
Web Hosting PHP MySQL
If developing a website for use in a Linux web hosting environment then the probability is that you are going to be using a PHP/MySQL-based solution so that you can develop a dynamic yet functional website. PHP is arguably the most popular scripting language used by web developers because of the functionality that it can offer, yet it is very easy to learn and become accustomed to; as well as providing a rich core of features, there is also numerous third-party plugins available that you can use to enhance the functionality of your web applications. MySQL is an open source database server and is ideal for scenarios where a scalable database solution is required for web applications that are going to be facing high demand.
Host.co.in offers PHP and MySQL hosting as standard with all of our Linux shared web hosting packages so that no matter how much you spend on your cPanel hosting service, you will have access to the features required to manage your PHP and MySQL configurations. In a shared web hosting environment you aren’t going to have huge control over the functionality of PHP, but you will be provided with access to PHPMyAdmin so that you can manage the contents of your MySQL databases – the creation and management of MySQL databases is taken care of through the cPanel control panel.
PHP and MySQL can be used in a number of different ways to provide functionality to your website, such as:
- Developing a member or login system will provide you with a way to password-protect certain areas of your website
- You can create a dynamic website that pulls all of its content from a central database; this means that you can develop an entire Content Management System for your web application, which will reduce the amount of time that you will need to spend updating your content.
Reliable Shared Hosting
Host.co.in aims to offer the most reliable shared web hosting services in India and we plan to keep to this using methods such as:
- By hosting in our own data center that is located in Nashik, India, we are able to maintain an on-site presence 24×7 so that any issues discovered can be rectified immediately
- Fully managed web hosting plans enable us to offer assistance to all of our hosting customers so that they are able to get their websites up and running in their web space without delay
- The use of high-end dedicated servers and Cisco equipment throughout our network provides the assurance that downtime because of hardware failure is pretty much impossible.