Though there are more number of users of cPanel due to higher number of webmasters demanding for cPanel shared hosting but still, Plesk is one of the best things for managing your windows web hosting accounts. In case you don’t have a password and want to backup or restore the database then you can go for the following commands
mysqldump -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > backupfile.sql
This command is used for taking MySQLdump backup of the database as a ‘admin’ user
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname < backupfile.sql
This command is used for restoring MySQLdump backup to an empty database as a ‘admin’ user
But still having the password with you is important so after running this command one can get the password for admin user in return. But one needs to run it in specific manner as given below.
mysqldump -uusername -ppassword dbname > backupfile.sql
mysql -uusername -ppassword dbname < backupfile.sql
When you are aware of password you can run the above commands for backup and restoration of you database.
(Note:- replace ‘username’ with your username, ‘password’ with your password and ‘dbname’ with your database name)
mysqlcheck -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -r databasename
By running the above command you can perform MySQL check for any possible repairs.
mysqlcheck -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -o databasename
The above command is for performing MySQL check for any possible optimization over it.
Hyper V is the virtualization application included as part of Window Server 2008 and is designed to provide larger businesses with a platform on which they can create virtual machines to take the place of physical servers, a method that will allow them to save money. With Hyper V cloud hosting, you are able to combine the efficiency and stability of an established platform such as Hyper V with the reliability and security of a cloud hosting environment, providing you with a web hosting environment that will serve your website to your visitors without failure and that you can be confident won’t be compromised by hackers. Windows cloud hosting services are recommended for businesses that use any type of Microsoft technology somewhere within their corporate infrastructure, whether this is Microsoft Exchange Server for email or Microsoft SQL Server for your database requirements. Furthermore, some web developers also specialize in creating web applications specifically for the Windows platform with the use of ASP.NET as this is a scripting framework that has been developed by Microsoft and is therefore only compatible with Windows servers; however, this close tie does allow web developers to create highly functional web applications that are able to make the most of what the server and operating system have to offer. Compared to other solutions that are available for Windows virtual hosting, Hyper V cloud hosting represents the best solution as it is integrated into the hosting node’s operating system, therefore allowing virtual machines better access to the resources that they have been provided with – other performance benefits will also be available.
What are the benefits of Hyper V cloud hosting?
There are several different benefits available to users of Hyper V cloud hosting solutions, including:
- OS level partitioning – as Hyper V is part of the core of Windows Server 2008, any virtual machines that you create are part of the operating system layer – this is as opposed to conventional virtualization applications that create an application layer on top of the operating system in which the virtual machines are held – as the VMs are part of the OS layer, they have direct access to the resources that they have been assigned and this will allow them to perform better and will aid with the reliability of individual virtual machines – furthermore, it also makes it easier for system administrators to manage their Hyper V cloud hosting nodes as it for them it is less to familiarize themselves with
- Stability – the OS level nature of Hyper V means that Hyper V virtual machines will be a lot more stable than those hosted using third-party solutions – even though the cloud environment is designed to offer up to 100% guaranteed uptime, there are other factors that could affect the performance of individual VMs, but not the cloud directly – one of the main reasons behind choosing cloud hosting is the added reliability that is to be had from using a virtual machine that is hosted in a distributed environment and so it is important for web hosting companies to implement measures where possible to guarantee the stability of their Hyper V cloud hosting services – even though Windows isn’t known to be the most reliable operating system available, this has changed with the introduction of Windows Server 2008 and when it comes down to management it is also important for an experienced support team to take control of servers that are hosting precious websites, simply because they know what they are doing and will be able to fix issues as they arise
- Pricing – as Hyper V is part of the Windows operating system, it is one less application license that web hosting providers have to pay for, therefore meaning that it is one less cost to be passed on to the consumer – in the past where web hosting providers have had to use third-party virtualization tools for their Windows cloud hosting services, the costs associated with using these applications was always quite high and because the cost had to be passed on to consumers through the prices that they paid for Windows cloud hosting, this form of cloud hosting didn’t always prove to be too popular.
Why should I choose Windows cloud hosting?
There are several different reasons as to why you should choose Windows cloud hosting as your web hosting package of choice, such as:
- SQL Server hosting – as a larger business you are probably use to using Microsoft SQL Server and a Windows cloud hosting environment will provide you with the perfect environment in which you can host your SQL Server databases – regardless of the medium in which you use Microsoft SQL Server, it is still important for you to use a reliable hosting solution for your database hosting requirements as even if your databases are unavailable then your frontend applications won’t function correctly because they won’t be able to retrieve their configuration settings or content
- Exchange Server hosting – Microsoft Exchange Server is an enterprise-class collaboration platform used by businesses of all sizes to provide employees with calendar, email and management facilities – although often hosted in-house on custom servers, the cloud is also an ideal environment in which to setup an Exchange Server cluster – you can pool multiple virtual machines together to create your own Exchange cluster, allowing you to eliminate the single point of failure to a good extent, therefore enabling you to introduce a stable and highly functional collaboration system to your business.
In conclusion, Hyper V cloud hosting is the ideal cloud hosting solution for Windows web developers and Windows application developers looking for a solution that will provide them with a reliable environment in which they can develop and host their ASP web applications. The number of technologies that are unique to the Windows platform mean that there will always be a demand for Windows cloud hosting services, although the price tag attached with such services means that development for the Windows platform is usually a practice that is reserved for larger businesses and enterprises.
Cloud hosting is becoming ever more popular with individuals and businesses requiring a reliable web hosting experience that isn’t going to break the bank. With cloud web hosting now being offered by a number of different web hosting companies, it is possible to find a solution that can offer you the specifications that you require for a price that suits you; as is the case when choosing hosting, you should review each potential web hosting provider equally to guarantee that you choose the right combination of provider and plan for your needs. Different types of cloud web hosting are available, although most providers aim to offer 100% uptime with their cloud hosting solutions so that they are able to remain competitive and so that their product offerings are attractive to customers; in most cases you can choose between standard shared web hosting in the cloud as well as cloud VPS hosting. The architecture of cloud web hosting environments allows web hosting providers to offer greater resource allocations with their web hosting plans, something that is likely to benefit many websites that use large amounts of multimedia content as in such situations there is always going to be demand for greater disk space and bandwidth assignments. If you develop your websites for a specific platform then you should also have the opportunity to choose between Windows and Linux cloud web hosting plans as you require; a Windows cloud hosting plan will be able to offer you reliable web hosting for ASP.NET websites that use Microsoft SQL Server, whereas a Linux cloud hosting offering is going to be more suitable for developers using PHP as their scripting language and MySQL Server as their database backend.
What are the core benefits of choosing cloud hosting?
There are many benefits to using cloud web hosting, regardless of what you decide to use your cloud web hosting solution for. Some of the benefits of choosing a cloud hosting plan include:
- Reliable web hosting – a majority of cloud hosting services are designed to offer up to 100% guaranteed uptime, a figure that is achieved through the use of innovative software solutions and a strong network backbone – as a business you are likely to rely on the internet as a source of income, therefore increasing the importance of using a reliable hosting solution as the result of downtime for you could easily be lost business and earnings – there are many other web hosting solutions available that claim to offer 100% uptime, but the clustered nature of a cloud web hosting environment leaves cloud hosting services being the only hosting services that can truly offer 100% uptime
- Increased resource allocations – cloud hosting plans will come with improved resource allocations over what you may be use to with existing shared web hosting plans and VPS server hosting plans, providing you with the perfect upgrade path if you are beginning to run out of resources with your existing web hosting plan, for example this could occur as your visitor numbers increase or add additional content to your website – depending on your chosen cloud web hosting provider and service, you may have the facility to add additional resources to your account individually as and when you wish to
- Scalability and choice – some cloud hosting services are designed to be scalable and to fit individual user requirements uniquely so that you can design a web hosting plan that is based around your own needs, as opposed to choosing a rather generic web hosting plan that could result in you paying for resources that you simply don’t need and won’t use – under such arrangements you will be able to add individual resource assignments to your account and will only have to pay for what you are going to use, for example if you choose a cloud VPS server then you may wish to add RAM or disk space to improve the performance of your virtual machine.
How can cloud hosting help my business and me?
Increasing importance is being put on how cloud web hosting is able to assist businesses with reaching their customers in an age where the internet is beginning to play a bigger part in sales than physical cash sales. For businesses that function in the retail sector then a cloud hosting plan is the ideal platform on which to build an online e-commerce store; the practical security and reliability options offered by cloud web hosting will allow you to earn back the money that you have invested in your hosting plan in no time at all.
Depending on the form of web hosting that you are using presently, cloud hosting will also benefit you through the cost savings that can be achieved. By choosing a dynamic cloud hosting plan that allows you to specify the resources that you require, you will only be paying for the resources that you need and nothing more – the disadvantage of selecting a generic web hosting plan is that often there will be resources going to waste.
The choice between Windows and Linux enables you to make an informed choice as to which cloud hosting plan will be most suitable for you; Windows plans are best suited for Windows web developers using technologies such as ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL Server, whereas Linux cloud hosting is aimed at PHP and MySQL web developers. This will benefit you and your business by allowing you to identify the technologies that you have available at your disposal and how best to use these to meet your aims and objectives, along with ensuring that your web hosting plan provides you with good value for money.
As a conclusion we can say that cloud hosting is becoming increasingly important with businesses that are looking to achieve cost savings whilst being able to maintain a reliable website. The wide range of cloud hosting services available means that it should be fairly easy to choose a web hosting plan that suits your needs ideally without going over budget, enabling you to focus on the more important task of developing your website.
WAMP is quite a well known term among Website Hosting Services industry. WAMP is acronym for the combination of Windows, Apache, MySQL and PHP/Python/Perl. In this combination the first three are constant ones and for the fourth one it varies among PHP, Python and Perl. There may be a few occasions in which Python and Perl can be used together. The reason behind the popularity of WAMP is because it provides four important elements Operating System, Database Web Server and scripting application which are required for a web hosting server. When all these four elements are used as combined then such a usage is called as ‘Server Stack’. In this (WAMP) server stack you use ‘Microsoft’ Windows as an operating system, ‘Apache’ as a Web Server, MySQL to work as a Database and you can choose one from PHP, Python and Perl to be used as scripting language. WAMP it is totally related with Windows Web Hosting Servers and has nothing to do with Linux Hosting Servers. For Linux Hosting users there is ‘LAMP’ which substitutes ‘WAMP’
To adopt WAMP one needs to download ‘WAMPServer’ which is an open-source Windows web development environment. It comes with a service manager as a tray icon. This enables an easy management of the server and easy installation of multiple releases of Apache, MySQL and PHP as add-ons. With WAMPServer the installation process is automated and you can secure your setting files while making any changes over your web servers. You can experience a great flexibility with ‘WAMPServers’ as enabling and disabling services of WAMPServer is just a matter of clicks.
With a left click on WampServer’s icon, you will be able to:
- manage your Apache and MySQL services
- switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)
- install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases
- manage your servers settings
- access your logs
- access your settings files
- create alias
With a right click :
- change WampServer’s menu language
- access this page
An Operating system’s basic function is to manage all the hardware and software components held by a Computer system which can be also a Web Hosting server. So far Hardware components are concerned there are many things like Diskspace, Network, CPU and RAM which play a key role in running a web hosting server without any interruption. For the efficient use of these all components one should make sure about the following factors while choosing the web hosting services platform or an operating system. This selection also depends upon how GUI conscious a user is?
Popularity and Scope.
Number of Operating systems are available in the market containing various versions of the same operating system. But still Microsoft’s Windows and the widely known open source language ‘Linux’ are majorly considered as two of the highest demanded web hosting platforms. These two are so popular as they made web hosting services providers to provide the services including their names like Linux Hosting and Windows Web Hosting.
Different operating systems have different compatibilities so its essential to make sure that the Operating System you are selecting is compatible enough to run all required softwares and application on your web hosting account. Few applications like ASP, .NET, MsSQL are compatible with Windows based platform only and can not be run on a Linux based platform, but on the other hand Linux is capable of running the applications like MySQL and PHP which are cheaper and as efficient as the applications supported by Windows.
This is one more sensitive factor for the new webmasters and small scale organizations who run their websites with a limited and tight budget. As most of know that Linux hosting is cheaper than the Windows web hosting, such webmasters can go for it if they find all the requirements are getting fulfilled with it.
Any website make progress day by day in terms of visitors and the containing data, so by analyzing your website’s future requirements you should check either the Operating system is easy to find upgrades or not?
Reseller Web Hosting is one of the best online business available in India as well as all over the world. If we studied this Reseller Hosting India market deeply then we can come to know that the Windows Reseller Hosting has more demand than the Linux Reseller Hosting. Following are the reasons for it which I would like to share through this post.
Development and Design of a Webpage
Windows Reseller hosting platform supports to ASP (Active Server Pages) which is a Microsoft based application and highly used in website development and design, ASP is widely known for availability of various tools and scripts for use of web development and design. This also make you able to feel the suitability according to your requirements.
RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
On Windows platform one can take advantage of relational database management system which plays very important role for SQL based server.
When compared with the Linux, Windows comes with better compatibility options, which also helps to deal with most of the devices required for a web hosting. Ever websites running on a Unix system can be hosted on a Windows reseller hosting server.
Availability of unique cPanel is one of the most important function available with Windows Reseller Hosting, which makes you able to handle and manage all the accounts hosted on a Reseller Hosting Server. In Linux Reseller Hosting you need to create multiple cPanel account for multiple clients.
As above we saw how Windows Reseller Server can have an edge over the Linux Reseller hosting server but you also need to be prepared to pay the extra amount as Windows OS are not for free of charge.
As Apache and Tomcat have high importance in web server hosting industry. There are both good and bad side this integration of Apache with Tomcat and there are different opinion about the same. Following are some points I would like to attach the discussion.
Clustering – When Apache is used as front-end it works as a front door for multiple Tomcat instances. Apache has the ability to ignore if any one of Tomcats fails. For this you need to use a hardware which is load-balanced.
Security – I we compared Apache with Java then we can know that Java has its own security manages and Apache works on bigger mid-share. Though this is a controversial topic but when one prefer to go fo Apache he needs to secure two systems at the same time but which can be appreciated by search engines also.
Clustering / Security – It is possible to use Apache with multiple tomcats for multiple URL name-spaces and in such situations Tomcats can be more protected individually. Though Apache is smarter proxy server one need to take care of it.
Add-Ons – In Apache one can add PHP, CGI and pearl very smoothly and such addition is very effective for Tomcat. Unlike Tomcat, Apache has many modules to be plugged in.
Dcorators – It possible to perform multiple decorators when Apache is in front of Tomcat which does not support of quick code.
Speed – Though it is very hard to compare speed between Apache and Tomcat, when things come to static content, Apache is quicker than Tomcat. But this only applicable in the case of high traffic websites. There are some exceptions where Tomcat wins the race by using connector wisely.
Socket Handling – In many cases Apache it known as better socket handler than the Tomcat. Tomcat handles the sockets through JVM which require to go through platform, hence makes Tomcat slower.
Hyper-V is a component of the Windows Server 2008 operating system and is used by web hosting providers to offer Windows Server 2008 VPS server hosting services. In the web hosting industry, Hyper-V’s predecessor was Virtuozzo, which was used widely on Windows Server 2003 servers to offer reliable Windows Server 2003 VPS server hosting services; however, Virtuozzo hasn’t quite caught up yet and is unable to support Windows Server 2008 virtual machines at this moment in time. Hyper-V is a popular choice amongst web hosting providers because it comes as part of the Windows Server 2008 operating system meaning that they don’t have to pay extra for any other applications to create virtual machines. Hyper-V helps to keep the cost of Windows VPS hosting down when it is already an expensive form of web hosting when compared to Linux VPS hosting; Windows is a commercial operating system whereas Linux is an open source operating system, meaning that you have to pay for a Windows operating system license whereas Linux distributions are free to use. As Hyper-V is relatively new on the scene, web hosting companies are still adapting to using it meaning that there is a lack of control panel when purchasing Hyper-V hosting from some web hosting companies; however, there are third-party solutions such as DotNetPanel available to fulfill this purpose.